|4 Red bell peppers
|1 cup of palm oil
|1 medium red onion
|1 medium onion bulb
|2 Scotch Bonnet Peppers
|2 tbsp blended crayfish *
|2 Fresno Peppers
|1/2 cup dried smoked fish
|1 Serrano pepper
|1 1/2 lbs pre-cooked beef
|2 tbsp dried locust beans
|27 oz chopped frozen spinach
|salt (to taste)
* - optional
- Chop all listed ingredients for the pepper base. Combine in a blender and pulse into a rough, coarse consistency. Pour mixture into a strainer and rest to remove excess fluid. Pour into a pot and heat until the water content is completely evaporated and the blended pepper base is thickened.
- Place a large pot over medium-high heat, add in the palm oil. Heat oil until a little smoky.
- Add in the sliced onions and fry until translucent
- Add in the reduced pepper base. Lower the heat and over and leave to simmer for 20-25 minutes (The palm oil will float to the top when the sauce is ready).
- Add in the remaining soup ingredients (except the spinach), and allow to simmer for another 15 mins
- To prep the spinach, defrost in the microwave, and squeeze out excess water
- Add in the spinach, combine slowly with sauce until the sauce is thickened. Taste and adjust for seasoning, leave to simmer for another 3 - 5 more minutes.